Saturday, August 29, 2026

The Plate We Leave Behind: A Reflection on Food Waste, Gratitude, and Responsibility

 Today, during an assessment session, I found myself thinking about something beyond education: food waste.

Like many of us, I have attended conferences, trainings, and professional events where meals are provided. Over the years, I have noticed how often perfectly edible food is left untouched or discarded simply because it does not match personal preferences.

This observation always makes me pause. In a world where m


"A simple plate. Only what I knew I could finish. Food waste begins with the choices we make before we eat."

any families are facing economic pressures and food insecurity, wasting food is not only a financial issue but also a question of gratitude and responsibility.

Of course, not every meal will suit everyone's taste. However, perhaps we can all be a little more mindful of the choices we make, taking only what we are likely to eat and appreciating the effort and resources behind every meal served.

Small habits may seem insignificant, but collectively they can make a meaningful difference.

What are your thoughts on reducing food waste in our schools, workplaces, and professional events?

No comments:

Post a Comment